Who we are
Select School Travel Limited is a tour operator specialising in bespoke school and group tours in the UK/abroad. We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business.
- Teachers organising school tours
- Details of passengers on booked tours required to coordinate bookings
- Employees at companies tendering and providing the services we require to fulfil the requirements of our tours/visits, e.g. coach companies.
- Employees, contactors, and temporary workers at Select School Travel Limited
- Employees at companies who provide services directly to Select School Travel Limited
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect you and your information. Please refer to our dedicated policy for further details.
Our Use of Your Information
The personal information that you provide us about you and your party will vary in accordance with your booking requirements but will include:
- Address (organisers only)
- Telephone number
- Email address (organisers only)
- Passport or identity card number
- IP address
- For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside the UK/EEA. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check.
Even if it is not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate. Depending on the details of you
2. a) Overview of data processing
We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to the Select School Travel Limited for business purposes and also to companies who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to our service providers operating systems or business functions on our behalf (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA/Worldwide), this includes the following categories but is not limited to hotels, excursion providers, insurers, airlines, transport companies, ski hirers, ski schools and their agents.
These business purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, service quality, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
2. b) When and how we obtain your Personal Data We will collect information from you
- when you request Select School Travel Limited quote your school/association for a tour or visit
- in order to fulfil the contractual obligation of your confirmed (by means of a signed contract) booking
- when we tender to provide a service on your behalf via to Select School Travel Limited, this includes:
- Hotel Accommodation
- Coach Bookings
- Ferry Bookings
- Event/Attraction Bookings
- when you sign up for our mailing list either through one of our websites or at a convention or exhibition
- when you fill in an enquiry form on any of Select School Travel Limited’s website
- when you download any Select School Travel Limited resource file
- when you apply to work at Select School Travel Limited, or as part of your contract of employment at Select School Travel Limited
When we collect information about you from a third party.
- when required to do so to fulfil our contractual obligations relating to a booked tour or visit, i.e. when you are on the passenger/guest list of a confirmed tour or placement
- when you are providing a service as part of a tour or visit booked through Select School Travel Limited, e.g. as a Coach driver
3. Personal information (such as health) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under UK data protection legislation. We collect and process it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. At the time of quoting/
booking with us you also agree for your insurers, our agents, and medical staff to disclose relevant information and sensitive personal data to us in circumstances where we need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
If you do not agree to our use of your information above, we cannot do business with you or accept your booking as this
is a necessity of fulfilment.
If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme. For package
tours that are not by air, your financial protection is administered by ABTA (see section 3).
We will only retain your personal information and that of the members of your party for as long as required to perform the purposes described. Please refer to our dedicated data retention policy for further details.
Direct Marketing Material (Print or Digital)
- We may contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our group of companies. Our websites will assume you to agree to e-communications and direct mail based on database records.
- If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of “Your Rights” below. We never pass your details on to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
- From our due diligence we believe that we have a legitimate interest to send you e-communications that are relevant to your subject or destination area. Historical entries/data are captured within this interest.
- When we are updating our mailing lists we deploy a double-opt-in strategy with a verbal consent followed by aconfirmation email via our CRM system. You reserve the right to opt out at any time.
Use of Tools
If you receive our email marketing, we will tailor the information we send you unless you tell us not to. This will enable us to send you more personalised and relevant communications. You will be given the opportunity on every communication to opt-out.
Our website(s) are secure HTTPS which is indicated in the top left of your browser.
By using our website(s), you consent to us using the indicated tools below. Our website(s) may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites upon navigation.
Use of “cookies”
Under data protection legislation you have the right to request access to information that we hold about you. To make a
request for your personal information contact email@example.com
You also have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased, or destroyed; and
- a right to seek redress, either through the ICO, or through the courts
If you have a concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with our Data Protection Officer in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), note that controls on data protection in such countries may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country but we endeavor to apply our practices on third party suppliers.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing: Select School Travel Limited, 30 Church Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 9AE.